Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chef

Sometimes I think I should become a chef.  I love to cook and I love to try new things... sometimes I will follow a recipe and then add my own touches and it is always good.

Today for lunch I made this wonderful salad...



For dinner I made a dish in my "Crack-pot"... yes, I did say Crack-pot because it is addicting.  I made BBQ Shredded Pork.


Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

Directions:
1. Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Shred and stir in your favorite bottle barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.

I invited my dad over to eat as my mom was at my grand-parents.  He thought it was great!  Carlos and I thought it was superb! 

No comments:

Post a Comment