Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Story

Well, My "BIG" test... The NCLEX was scheduled and I spent alot of time working with my personal tutor through ATI . I would just try to study every morning for a couple of hours... 

Anyway, the night before the test I prayed to GOD... I asked him to take away my anxiety, clear my mind of devilish thoughts and let all of my knowledge locked in my brain to just flow like never before.

I went to bed about 10pm and I actually slept the whole night without any interruptions of negative thoughts.

I woke up about 6am and checked FB as I usually do. I noticed that Ms. Hogan, an instructor had sent me a message... she is so funny... it made me smile. She asked that I call her.

Well, I took a shower and felt no anxiety. Finally, on way to the exam, I text Ms. Hogan, R U still awake? She called me back right away. She made me laugh and gave me a few works of wisdom. She also told me that when I don't know the answer to pray this.... 

Dear St. Anthony, something is lost and I can't find.

I got to the testing center early and they opened the doors at 7:30am. I pulled my number and sat down... still no anxiety!

When it was my turn to check in... I had to put all of my belongings into a locker including my watch, necklace, bracelets. The lady checked my ID, I had to sign my signature, took finger prints, palm prints and a picture. You would have thought I was checking into prison.

I went back to sit sown and then a man called me back to the back... I had to take another palm print to see if it matched what the lady had done. I had to show him that I had nothing in my pockets as well. He then walked me back to computer #9, explained a few things and then left me.

I had to do a little tutorial on how to take the test... it asked me if I wanted to begin the NCLEX.

I clicked on the yes icon... and once I did... I felt this overwhelming presence come over through my body. It was like everything was being wiped away and I felt soooo relaxed and at peace! It was a great feeling as I know God was with me.

I began to read the questions and feeling good about it! I got to one Pharmacology question that I did not know. I remembered what Ms. Hogan had told me and I prayed the little prayer. Read the question again and went right to the answer.

I remember going through the test thinking to myself, wow, this can't be right am I taking the wrong test?

I got 2 Pharmacology question, L & D, Mental Health, Management/Priority and two Labs... the rest were CHECK ALL THAT APPLY... I had tons of them... 

I could not believe that my test was on everything that I loved and did so well in...

I even felt really good about the all that apply questions which I despised all through Nursing school. These are considered the "HARDER" questions that NCLEX will ask you if you are meeting the mark on the other questions.... they are testing your knowledge more.

My test took 2 hours and cut me off at 85 questions... which was the minimum... it could have went to 205. So that was a good sign already.

Anyway, when the test was over I felt great! It didn't seem hard at all to me.

I met my friend Ariline. She kept me company while I had to wait the few hours to do the Pearson Vue trick.... we even went by the school to see a few people.

When I got home I tried the trick. Which was to sign in and try to schedule another test. I did and it would not let me... apparently that is a sign that you passed because if it had it would have taken me to the payment screen.

So, I was a little more excited and still felt very good. 

I had to wait 48 hours and I was able to pay $7.95 to get my result... it said, PASS!

Denesa Lynn Campos, LVN

Now, I have to wait a few weeks to get my license from the Board of Nursing!

Bring on RN school... I am really excited to get started... it will be a long 15 months but I know it's not impossible with God by my side!







No comments:

Post a Comment